10:23 07th Jul, 2014
Apple Hires VP Sales Of Tag Heuer For iWatch; Eyes Big Marketshare
What happened to Jonathan Ive? Well, he is still in charge of design.
We think its called the ‘Apple Way’. You want to build something new? Hire the best that industry has to offer. Apple has done just that by hiring the VP of sales at Tag Heuer, Patrick Pruniaux for its upcoming iWatch.
The company seems to want to get the recipe just right; similar to the iPhone, which according to Apple (and its users) is the best smartphone experience you can have. While Jonathan Ive will still be in charge of designing the best smartwatch the world is yet to see, Pruniaux in all probability will be adding his much-needed experience in selling the product; helping to build a platform for the iconic product from Apple.
Is this going to be a threat for Pruniaux’ previous firm? Well, not exactly. The iWatch will be a product for the masses, while as we all know, Tag Heuer and Hublot, clearly aren’t. Apple has the expertise in delivering a connected software experience for the iWatch, but may lack the guidelines that are needed to make a successful watch practical to use.
With Tag Heuer’s Patrick Pruniaux stepping in, it is pretty clear that Apple is still working on the iWatch, and that there will indeed be a longer wait, till the company shows it off to the public.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance