11:41 15th Jul, 2014
Apple Asks Sharp Not To Produce Displays For Samsung
The tech giant clearly does not want its funds or equipment being by its rival.
Sharp has been making quality displays for Apple for a very long time and even bought equipment thanks to the monies provided by the latter. Now that it wants to buy back all that machinery from Apple to make displays for other companies, but Apple has put up a conditions that it should not make displays for it's bitter rival Samsung.
The iPhone maker has agreed to handover to Sharp the display making equipment for a sum $293 million but on one condition. Sharp will be able to make displays for every other manufacturer under the sun, other than the the Korean Giant .
Now while Samsung seems pretty happy with their AMOLED displays, those displays usually end up only on their premium line up of handsets. As for the rest of the handsets, the displays may be coming from elsewhere (a place where Sharp may have its eyes on) especially since Samsung is a biggie in the Android space.
Apple and Samsungs rivalry is legendary and have been involved in numerous lawsuits. While the companies spend billions on lawsuits to prove each other wrong, Apple also wants to make sure that Samsung does not even benefit from their tech, even if it is via Sharp. We have no clue whether the companies have agreed to the deal, but we are sure we will be hearing about this pretty soon.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance