Alnoor M Peermohamed
09:38 14th Jul, 2014
LG G3 To Launch In India On July 21; Pre-Orders Start At Rs 46,990 | TechTree.com
LG G3 To Launch In India On July 21; Pre-Orders Start At Rs 46,990
The device has received positive reviews the world over, and is priced to take on the One (M8), Galaxy S5 and Xperia Z2.
Korean smartphone giant LG is all-set to launch its flagship G3 smartphone in India on July 21, according to a teaser posted by the company's official social network handle. E-commerce giant Infibeam has begun taking pre-orders for the phone, with prices starting at Rs 46,990 and a tentative shipping date of July 25.
The LG G3 will ship in two variants, a 16GB and a 32GB variant, which according to the listing on Infibeam.com will be priced at Rs 46,990 and Rs 49,990 respectively. The device features a 5.5-inch QHD (2560x1440 pixels) display, that adds up to a pixel density of 538PPI.
Apart from housing one of the best screens in the market, the G3 is powered by a 2.5GHz Snapdragon 801 processor coupled with either 2GB or 3GB of RAM. It runs on the latest version of Google's Android 4.4 KitKat mobile OS with LG's much improved custom UI on top of it.
The G3 is larger than most of its competitors – Samsung's Galaxy S5, HTC's One (M8) and Sony's Xperia Z2 – and takes after its predecessor the G2 in terms of design. In terms of imaging, the device houses a 13MP camera at the rear that features optical image stabilisation and a laser autofocus system.
LG has beaten its closest rivals in bringing a device with a QHD display to the market, and in many ways its the most prominent feature of the phone. Moreover the G3 is an evolution rather than revolution when compared to its predecessor, and has received widespread praise from the media.
[Aslo read: Leaked: LG's 'Not-So-Mini' G3 Beat]
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals