11:44 11th Jul, 2014
HTC All Set To Launch The Desire 616 & One (E8) In India Today | TechTree.com
HTC All Set To Launch The Desire 616 & One (E8) In India Today
One mid-ranger and one plastic-bodied flagship smartphone. We really hope HTC gets the pricing right.
Taiwanese smartphone giant HTC could launch its mid-range Desire 616 and plastic-bodied flagship One (E8) in India at an event in Delhi on Friday. The company did send out media invites for the event on July 11, but did not divulge on details of which products will be launched.
Apart from the Desire 616 and One (E8) it is also expected that the company will launch the dual SIM variant of its flagship One (M8).
The Desire 616 was launched earlier this week and touted as a China-only device, but soon reports broke of the device making its way to Indian shores. The device sports a 5-inch HD display and is powered by 1.4GHz octa-core processor, which is in keeping with Chinese customers demands for phones with higher number of cores.
[Also read: Say Hello To The M8’s Plastic-Bodied Sibling, The HTC One E8]
The One (E8) on the other hand features much more compelling specifications, which surprisingly are very similar to what's available on the metal-bodied One (M8). The two biggest differences are the lack of a metal uni-body and the lack of the depth-sensing DuoCamera at the rear.
The E8 will sport the same 5-inch Full HD display and the same Snapdragon 801 processor and 2GB of RAM. The pricing of the device is expected to undercut that of the Samsung Galaxy S5 which has been steadily receiving price cuts since it was lauched.
[Also read: Coming Soon: Octa-Core HTC Desire 616 With Dual SIM]
TAGS: HTC, HTC Desire 616, One (E8), One (M8), dual SIM
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals