Alnoor M Peermohamed
16:49 09th Jul, 2014
Amazon Offers 15 Day Trial To Buyers Of Kindle e-Book Readers In India
The company is also promising to refund the full amount paid for the device within 3-5 working days.
E-commerce giant Amazon is now offering buyers of its Kindle ebook readers in India a 15-day trial with a money-back guarantee. The offer is valid from July 8 through to July 23 and can be availed for the purchase of the new Kindle Paperwhite, Paperwhite 3G and even the bare-bones Kindle Wi-Fi.
According to a company statement users can trial the device for a period of up-to 15 days and return it if they aren't satisfied. Amazon is promising to refund the full amount in the case of a return via cheque of bank transfer within 3 – 5 days.
“We know from our experience around the world, that once the consumers experience the device, they love it! Their apprehensions of eye strain vanish and they quickly realise how it feeds their appetite for reading,” said Devesh Khandelwal, senior product manager of Kindle in India.
Currently the company has three models of its popular e-book reader on sale in India – The new Paperwhite priced at Rs 10,999, the new Paperwhite 3G priced at Rs 13,999 and the original Kindle 6-inch Wi-Fi that costs Rs 5,999.
The Kindle e-book reader range has been Amazon's most successful product, with sales clocking in at millions of units. The company is hoping that people will begin buying e-books through their Kindle devices, which will ultimately get them into the loop of using Amazon's various other services.
The method has been employed by Amazon all over the world and was successful enough to get the company to create its own tablets and now even phones.
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens