12:39 07th Jul, 2014
Truecaller Becomes 28th App On Play Store To Support Android Wear
Will let you swipe through calls faster provided you have a connected headset.
Truecaller has now announced the support for Android Wear devices, which will make the app more useful. The app as mentioned only supports the Android Wear functionality, so one should not expect it to appear in the Android Wear app section that Google recently opened.
The app is basically an extension of the Android app that gets the job done of identifying unknown callers by matching numbers with Truecaller’s user generated registry. All users have to do to avail of the functionality is to update the app to the latest version. The smartwatch acts as an extension of the app and will show you the ID of the caller on your wrist reducing the need to pull out your Android smartphone from your pocket.
It looks like Android Wear is picking up pace in terms of app support pretty quickly. The app store since launch already has 27 apps in the store with musiXmatch Music Player Lyrics being the latest one.
Clearly, Android Wear makes for the perfect notifications centre and differentiates with Android smartphones notifications with its ability to reply, respond or even add a task to do the same straight from your smartwatch. The biggest drawback of the Android’s current notification centre is that it does not allow you to reply (actionable) in the bar itself, but instead takes you to the respective app.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-