Alnoor M Peermohamed
17:33 03rd Jul, 2014
Sony Launches Its Xperia Z2 Tablet In India At Rs 49,990
The device is listed on multiple Indian e-commerce websites and goes on sale immediately.
Japanese electronics giant Sony has launched its Xperia Z2 Tablet in India, listed online at a price of Rs 49,990. The announcement from Sony comes soon after Samsung updated its Galaxy Tab S line of devices in the country, boasting of incredible 2,560x1,600 pixel Super AMOLED displays.
While Samsung's new tablets may be targeted directly at Apple's iPad range with their UHD screens, Sony's device brings blistering performance, an elegant design and ruggedness to the playing field.
The Xperia Z2 Tablet is powered by a 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor, coupled with 3GB of RAM. The device features a 10.1-inch Triluminos full HD 1,920X1,200 display, encased in a waterproof and dust resistant chassis that reminiscent of Xperia Z series smartphones.
At the rear the tablet houses an 8MP camera equipped with a Sony Exmor R sensor that is capable of capturing video in Full HD resolution. It also gets a 2.1MP front facing shooter which seems adequate for video calling functions. All this along with a 6,000mAh battery, and the Z2 Tablet weighs in at a featherweight 426 grams.
While the Xperia Z2 Tablets screen is no match for the UHD display found on the new Galaxy Tab S range, it's Qualcomm Snapdragon processor is not only more powerful, but also more energy efficient than the Exynos 5 chipsets that Samsung employs.
The Z2 Tablet is for someone looking for premium design, top notch build quality and blistering performance. But with a price tag of 49,990, it will be hard to wean someone away from going in for the the much loved iPad Air.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow