13:16 03rd Jul, 2014
HTC Announces A Dual SIM Variant Of One (M8) In Select Markets | TechTree.com
HTC Announces A Dual SIM Variant Of One (M8) In Select Markets
The phone will sell for € 799 (approx Rs 65,000) and will be initially available in Austria, Germany and Switzerland.
Taiwanese smartphone manufacturer HTC has announced a dual SIM variant of its One (M8) for select markets, at a price of € 799 (approx Rs 65,000). For now the company has said the device will only be available in Germany, Switzerland and Austria, but could come to other markets in the coming weeks.
The only difference in terms of specification for the new device will be its ability to support dual SIM cards. Other than that the hardware remains exactly the same as the single SIM variant, which is currently sold in India at a price of Rs 49,900.
HTC's One (M8) stands out from the barrage of other high-end smartphones with its all-metal body and Duo Camera setup. A 5MP UltraPixel shooter coupled along with a depth-sensing camera make it possible for photos to be refocused after they've been shot.
The One (M8) will run on Google's Android 4.4.2 KitKat, and as the company has already announced, will receive the Android L update within 90 days of Google releasing it to the public. Like with all new HTC phones, the M8 comes with HTC propitiatory Sense 6 UI skin on top of Android, but it is to be seen what the company does once the Android L update rolls out.
The device features a 5-inch Full HD display and is powered by a 2.5GHz quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor coupled to 2GB of RAM. Internal storage options stand at 16GB and 32GB, while storage can be expanded via a microSD card to a maximum of 128GB.
[See also: HTC One M8 Ace Vogue Details Leak Once Again]
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals