00:48 01st Oct, 2012
Creative Intros Three WP-Series Bluetooth Headsets | TechTree.com
Creative Intros Three WP-Series Bluetooth Headsets
Each features a mic concealed in the earpiece, and is touted to sport near-audiophile quality.
Creative Technology has launched three new Bluetooth headsets in its WP series: the WP-450, WP-350, and WP-250. These devices are primarily meant for smartphones, but also promise to be good for music players such as the iPod. In terms of size, the WP-450 is the largest with an around-the-ear design, followed by the WP-350 with an over-the-ear cup construction, while the WP-250 is the smallest and has an in-ear form factor. To facilitate voice communication, these headsets have an embedded microphone that Creative prefers to call an "invisible mic" due to its inconspicuous placement. Here are a few key features of the WP-450 headphones as stated by the company:
- Ergonomic and lightweight with supra-aural design and soft leatherette ear cushions.
- Audio-video synchronization with apt-X technology.
- Easy access call and playback controls with volume-level buttons.
- Headphones fold into a compact bundle for storage and travel.
- Music playback up to 8 hours and talk time of up to 9 hours.
- Bundled with soft protective pouch for ease of travel and USB cable for charging.
The Creative WP-350's key features:
- Shares the same sonic acoustic properties as the highly acclaimed Creative WP-300.
- Flat-fold design for portable convenience.
- Music playback up to 8 hours and talk time of up to 9 hours, Bundled with protective pouch.
Finally, the Creative WP-250's features are as follows:
- In-ear and behind-the-neck design for secure fit during active use.
- Convenient call and playback controls with volume adjustments on ear-bud.
All the headsets have these common features:
- Neodymium drivers.
- "Invisible microphone" delivers distinct voice calls.
While Creative may state otherwise, it's a well-known fact that audio fidelity cannot be maintained once it passes over a lossy communication protocol such as Bluetooth. However, it remains to be seen whether the apt-X codec can really improve audio quality in case of the WP-450 and the WP-350, because Creative has stopped just of branding them "audiophile-grade". The Creative WP-450, WP-350, and WP-250 are priced at an MRP of Rs 8000, Rs 6000, and Rs 3600 respectively.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India