09:07 24th Jun, 2014
Vodafone Doubles Mobile Data Charges For 2G & 3G Subscribers In India
The hike will affect pre-paid as well as post-paid customers subscribing to the pay-as-you-go data scheme.
Vodafone India has doubled its mobile data rates for 2G and 3G subscribers across the country. The company has said the price hike will be carried out in a phased manner and will be applicable for all "pay as you go" customers.
Mobile data rates for both pre-paid and post-paid customers will now be 4 paise/10KB as opposed to the earlier 2 paise/10KB. Vodafone India however hasn't indicated whether charges for any of its mobile internet packs will also be increased.
"Vodafone following its price change in November 2013 has revised its mobile internet charges for PAYG users. At 4 paise/10KB, Vodafone still offers most attractive and lowest standard mobile internet charges in the industry for pre-paid and post-paid customers,” said a Vodafone spokesperson, according to a TOI report.
Last November the company slashed its mobile data rates by up to 80 per cent, dropping it from 10 paise/10KB to 2 paise/10KB. Vodafone has reported a 125 per cent year-on-year increase in data traffic in FY14, given the massive influx of mobile data enabled phones in the country.
At the end of the last fiscal, Vodafone India had 52 million data customers in India, but only 7 million of them subscribed to 3G data services.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow