14:42 20th Jun, 2014
Leaked: Images Indicate LG G Watch May Require Android Wear App Installation
While we are ready to wait for the launch of the first Android Wear-powered device, leakers apparently cannot.
While Pocket-Lint had its first go at the world’s first Android-powered smartwatch, leakers clearly cannot wait to reveal more details about the same. An LG G Watch image has appeared on imgur (a photo-sharing website) giving us a little more information in the form of an Android app installation.
Apparently while all of us thought that Android Wear-powered smartwatches would come with native support from Android smartphones, it may not be the case. The image shows the watch on a table connected via a USB cable to a PC. The watch appears to be prompting the user to install an Android Wear app on his/her smartphone as well, indicating that Google’s next Android OS smartphone update will probably not support Android Wear devices out of the box as expected.
The image tagged as the B 165 sports a blue rubber strap, which may be an indication that the smartwatch will be available in more shades other than the currently advertised black and white.
Whatever be the claims, hopefully all of these would be put to rest if Google announces its range of Android Wear-powered smartwatches in the upcoming Google I/O next week.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-