10:54 18th Feb, 2012
ACK Brings Tenzing Norgay To The iPad
The latest comic title is created using panel-by-panel view technology.
The latest comic book from the Amar Chitra Katha gallery of brave hearts, based on mountain climber Tenzing Norgay is now available on the iPad as an app. Priced at $1.99 (around Rs 100), the digital comic book from ACK Media is a 32 page, full-colour title that tells the story of Tenzing Norgay from Tibet, who along with Edmund Hillary was the first man to climb Mount Everest, the tallest mountain peak in the world.
Shubhadeep Bhattacharya, Business Head–Digital from ACK Media said, “We aim to give our titles a wider readership through digital versions of our comics. We have our latest comic titles available on Apple's app store and on Amazon's Kindle store. We will also be launching a store front app by April, making the whole range of ACK comics accessible on Apple and Android tablets”.
ACK Media is quite well known for its comic titles that include mythology, fables, and great people among others. After digital versions of Indian War Comics bundling up with Aakash Tablets, this is quite a welcome move to promote general knowledge among students.
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers
- LAVA Launches Z71 with Dedicated Google Assistant Key
- Detel launches Amaze – Truly Wireless Bluetooth Speaker in India
- Airtel Wi-Fi Calling’ crosses One million users
- Fujifilm India unfold its innovation prowess by showcasing Photo Imaging Product Portfolio at CEIF 2020
- DOLBY RAISES THE BAR FOR IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCES AT CES 2020
- Playshifu Announces New Augmented Reality Toys at CES 2020
- CES 2020: Haier Defines the Future of Smart Homes
- CES 2020: Audio-Technica Exhibits Its Truly Wireless Noise-Cancelling In-Ear and Exotic-Wood Audiophile Headphones