01:06 06th Oct, 2012
Indian War Heroes Come To The Aakash Tablet
Tales on Indian martyrs in a comic book format will be preloaded on the device.
As the nation gears up to celebrate its 63rd Republic Day, a bit of patriotism is in store for users of the Aakash tablet, as it has been announced that the device will offer digital versions of Indian War Comics (IWC). The e-books will feature Param Vir Chakra winner Bana Singh, Captain Vikram Batra, and Mumbai 26/11 war hero and Ashok Chakra winner Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan. The comics will be available free of cost for both the Aakash and Ubislate tablets from DataWind.
Launching the digital stories, Indian Army Chief VK Singh said that the initiative is meant to inspire children. He added, "Those of you who have been lucky to read the Amar Chitra Katha and know what it did to you, to know your own history, I think these war comics are going to make a fantastic difference. Specially when they are loaded on to the Aakash tablet".
IWC promoter Aditya Bakshi confirmed that Hindi versions of the comics will be launched in the next four months, followed by versions in the language native to each war hero. The hard copies published by Westland are available through OmBooks.com, as well as at brick-and-mortar Om Book Shops.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband