22:58 18th Feb, 2012
Rumour: Samsung May Launch GALAXY SIII On 22nd March
Media invites issued for an "announcement".
Samsung will not unveil the GALAXY SIII at the Mobile World Congress (MWC). Apparently, the Korean giant wants to keep the GALAXY SII's successor under wraps for an exclusive event after MWC. A new report indicates that this might happen on 22nd March in Europe.
Contrary to its regular practice of holding big, exclusive mobile product announcements in New York City, this time around, the company has issued invites for an event in France. It is very likely that this is going to be a GALAXY SIII event, as Samsung is not known to have any other big product in the pipeline. Running Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), this Super AMOLED HD phone, powered by a quad-core processor, comes with a 12 MP camera and improved battery life.
On the other hand, reputed Korean website ET News has stated that the GALAXY SIII, featuring a 7 mm thin case, will launch in May instead. Also, the invite shown above is only for the French media, thus raising doubts that this might be a product exclusive to the French market. Therefore, this news must strictly be taken with a pinch of salt.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance