Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
02:00 01st Oct, 2012
ASUS Eee PC X101 Goes Retail
Becomes the cheapest netbook in the market.
ASUS has finally outed the Eee PC X101, which is cheaper than most smartphones. This Atom-based netbook should be fit for light computing, such as writing articles. Priced at $200 (Rs 9000 approx), it's something that the underpaid authors at Team TechTree can afford. This netbook sports a 10.1" screen with pixel dimensions of 1024x600. It runs on a 1.33 GHz Intel Atom N435 single-core CPU, coupled with a gigabyte of RAM. Other specs include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, 8 GB SSD storage, an SD card slot, 2 USB ports, and a 3-cell battery. The device measures 10.3" (l) x 7.1" (w) x 0.7" (d) and weighs about 0.9 kg. To keep costs down, ASUS has shipped the product without Microsoft's Windows OS. Hopefully, the onboard MeeGo will cater to the basic needs of netbook users.
The Eee PC X101 can be ordered for $200 by clicking this link, with an additional shipping cost of $60 (approx Rs 3300) to India. However, there's no word on the Indian release date (if at all) as yet.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance