Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
02:00 01st Oct, 2012
ASUS Eee PC X101 Goes Retail | TechTree.com
ASUS Eee PC X101 Goes Retail
Becomes the cheapest netbook in the market.
ASUS has finally outed the Eee PC X101, which is cheaper than most smartphones. This Atom-based netbook should be fit for light computing, such as writing articles. Priced at $200 (Rs 9000 approx), it's something that the underpaid authors at Team TechTree can afford. This netbook sports a 10.1" screen with pixel dimensions of 1024x600. It runs on a 1.33 GHz Intel Atom N435 single-core CPU, coupled with a gigabyte of RAM. Other specs include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, 8 GB SSD storage, an SD card slot, 2 USB ports, and a 3-cell battery. The device measures 10.3" (l) x 7.1" (w) x 0.7" (d) and weighs about 0.9 kg. To keep costs down, ASUS has shipped the product without Microsoft's Windows OS. Hopefully, the onboard MeeGo will cater to the basic needs of netbook users.
The Eee PC X101 can be ordered for $200 by clicking this link, with an additional shipping cost of $60 (approx Rs 3300) to India. However, there's no word on the Indian release date (if at all) as yet.
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals
- Europe may require all phone manufacturers to use USB-C charging
- Amazon Announces Prime Video Channels – A Video Entertainment Marketplace in India