Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
22:48 26th Sep, 2012
Facebook Timeline: Your New Profile
A brief preview of the biggest new FB feature inside.
At the f8 2011 event, Mark Zuckerberg showed off the new Timeline feature for Facebook. Timeline will be your new profile that summarizes the story of your life in form of a gallery, map (showing the places you've been to), and posts. This will allow your friends and profile visitors to have an overview of your world (of course, only if you want to). It will consist of three prominent segments, namely Cover, Stories, and Apps.
Cover- Cover will be the first thing people will see then they visit your new Timeline-based profile. FB advises you to fill this space with a unique image that represents you best.
Stories - This is a place to tell your story from the beginning to the present day, highlighting your most memorable posts, photos and life events.
Apps - FB's apps will now be more social. Remember yesterday's story about the functionality of Facebook Music? That feature will be part of the apps. Moreover, with TiVo integration, users will be able to watch programmes liked by their friends.
Aesthetically, the changes look impressive. It also enables users to be more expressive, but not without making stalkers' work easier. Then again, if you're sceptical about your privacy being maintained, getting off the social boat altogether is a good idea. The f8 conference is still on, and a clear picture of the new features will hopefully emerge by the end of the day. Till then, head over to this link and register for Timeline. Although it's currently not available, you'll be among the first bunch of bipeds to get your hands on it.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones