09:28 13th Dec, 2013
Canon Quietly Announces EOS M2, The Successor To EOS M
Available in Japan for now, the EOS M2 is expected to be slimmer and better.
Canon has quietly announced the EOS M2, the successor to its mirrorless offering, EOS M. The latest offering addresses issues that users complained about in the first camera, it promises faster (around 2.3x faster) autofocus, thanks to a 31-point Hybrid CMOS II AF system, and built-in Wi-Fi support. The rest of the specs remain somewhat the same — it comes with an 18 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor and the Digic 5 14-bit image processor. The camera is said to be 8% smaller than the EOSM and weighs as little as 238 grams (body only).
The EOS M2 will also support touch with a non-tilting 3" LCD screen with ClearView II technology. There will be a HDMI output port as well. The camera is already retailing in Japan, with no clear details as to when it will land in India. Canon has not announced any new lenses in its EF-M lineup, so there are just 3 to pick from — 18-55mm, 22mm, and 11-22mm. The camera will be available in black and white variants.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance