08:05 20th Nov, 2013
DataWind Ties Up With CK-12 For Free Maths And Science Content In India | TechTree.com
DataWind Ties Up With CK-12 For Free Maths And Science Content In India
Datawind Ubislate + CK-12 = Affordable Education
You all have heard of DataWind, known popularly as makers of ‘Aakash’ tablet, inspired by Google’s Education initiative have partnered up with American education provider “CK-12 Foundation” for free mathematics and science learning content in India.
DataWind’s CEO - Suneet Singh Tuli said, “Our aim is to enable and equip every student in India with implements of learning that spawn interest in higher academic achievement”. This he says cannot be achieved through hardware itself and that’s where the partnership comes in.
What is CK12?
CK-12 Foundation is a California-based non-profit organization striving to reduce the cost of, and increase access to, K-12 education in the United States and worldwide. “Access to high quality education for primary and secondary schools shouldn’t be limited. At CK-12 we provide the content that can be accessed anytime, anywhere to improve learning”, says Neeru Khosla, Executive Director of CK-12 Foundation.
- Datawind devices are affordable
- Partnering achieves CK-12’s mission
- Digital content is always up-to-date unlike traditional printed material
- The content is account specific and therefore can be used in schools and independently by parents
- CK-12 has 6 years of experience by pioneering creation, curation, and delivery of open educational content in US
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals