Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
10:04 11th Nov, 2013
Micromax Launches Canvas Magnus A117 With A 12 Megapixel Snapper | TechTree.com
Micromax Launches Canvas Magnus A117 With A 12 Megapixel Snapper
This mid-range Android handset has specifications not too different from the Canvas 4, but is priced lower.
Micromax seems to be on a roll these days. Especially, it's Canvas family of smartphones is growing with each passing week. Just when we thought that Micromax would take a break after unveiling the Canvas 4, Doodle 2, and Canvas Turbo in quick succession, the Indian phone brand has now launched the Canvas Magnus A117. This mid-range Android smartphone sports a 5-inch IPS screen with pixel dimensions of 720x1280. It's powered by the quad-core 1.5 GHz MediaTek MT6589T chipset clocked 1.5 GHz. The Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean) handset is backed by 1 GB of RAM. The USP of the phone is its 12 megapixel camera, which sounds promising on paper. According to Micromax, the snapper can record full-HD videos. Like every other Micromax smartphones, the Magnum offers dual-SIM functionality. Other features include a 2 MP front-facing camera, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, A-GPS, 4 GB internal storage, microSD card slot, and 2000 mAh battery.
The Micromax Canvas Magnus is available via the manufacturer's official store for Rs 15,000. Other worthy alternatives in this price segment includes XOLO Play T1000 and Q1000S. Having said that, the Magnus may cannibalise into the sales of its own Canvas 4, given that the specifications of the two aren't significantly different.
- 5-inch IPS screen with with 720x1280 pixels.
- Quad-Core MediaTek MT6589T chipset clocked at 1.5 GHz.
- 1 GB RAM, 4 GB internal storage, microSD card slot.
- 12 megapixel camera with LED flash.
- 2 MP front-facing camera.
- Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, A-GPS.
- Dual-SIM, Supports 3G.
- 2000 mAh battery.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals