Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
11:27 31st Oct, 2013
Nokia Q3 2013: 8.8 Million Lumias Sold, Company Back To Profitability | TechTree.com
Nokia Q3 2013: 8.8 Million Lumias Sold, Company Back To Profitability
The Finns post encouraging financial results after bleeding money for several quarters.
The Finnish handset-maker Nokia has announced its quarterly earnings. According to the company, the phone shipment volumes increased 4% compared to previous quarter. Nokia sold 55.8 million mobile phones in the third quarter. By selling 8.8 million Lumias, Nokia continued the upward trend in Windows Phone portfolio. Much of the credit goes to the Lumia 520 (known as 521 in US), which is quite popular among budget buyers. The biggest positive here for the company was that it finally achieved profitability after bleeding money for several quarters. On the other hand, the average sale price per device dropped from USD 212 to USD 196. That's probably due to the competitively priced smartphones.
As reported earlier, Microsoft has already finalised the deal to acquire Nokia's Devices and Services business for around $7.2 Billion. So even if the Finnish company is back to profitability, it's unlikely that Nokia will cancel the deal. Under the deal, Microsoft will also get access to Nokia's patents for 10 years. In all probability, this will be Nokia's last financial report as a phone manufacturer. Post-acquisition, the Finns will retain HERE maps and NSN businesses.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals