18:05 22nd Oct, 2013
Nokia Adds Three New Ashas To Its Lineup
The Asha 500, 502, and 503 will all come in dual-SIM versions; expected to begin retailing by year end.
Yesterday Nokia India unveiled a new offer to push users to its Asha 501 handset. Today, the company announced three new dual-SIM additions on the line up, all running on the Asha Platform. True to its traditions, these three handsets — the Asha 500, 502, and 503 will sport polycarbonate bodies in a variety of hues. These include black, white, cyan, red, yellow, and green.
The 2G compliant Asha 500 packs in a 2.8" screen and 2 megapixel camera. The Asha 502 (2G-based, again) sports a 3" screen and a 5 megapixel snapper with flash. The 503 is the premium handset of the lot — it boasts of a 3" screen with a curved Gorilla Glass, 5 megapixel camera with flash, and supports 3.5G speeds. The 500 and 503 will come in single and dual-SIM versions; the 502 is a dual-SIM only phone.
Another interesting announcement is the integration of WhatsApp that makes its debut on the new OS. The app is also available for Asha 501 users starting today. All three phones will be touch-based and will offer all features as demonstrated on the Asha 501 which has been launched earlier this year. Other new additions include better camera support and new imaging apps including Picfeed, Pictag and Photofunia. Existing Asha 501 users will receive OS updates OTA; and new handsets are expected to ship with the latest version of the software.
The three new handsets will come to Indian markets by end of the year — the Nokia Asha 500 will cost $69 (Rs 4260); the Asha 502 at $89 (Rs 5490), and the Asha 503 is worth $99 (Rs 6110). Click the product names about for more details.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones