11:18 22nd Oct, 2013
Nokia Sells Asha 501 With Free Insurance Cover | TechTree.com
Nokia Sells Asha 501 With Free Insurance Cover
No addtional charge for the anti-theft insurance on its feature phone.
Nokia had tied up with New India Assurance earlier in the year to offer insurance policies in case theft or loss of its premium handsets. The offer is now back for the under its Diwali offer, this time covering its Asha 501 feature phone, and it is free of additional costs. The offer will be valid up to 15th November on all new handsets, and covers "thefts, burglary, malicious acts, riots among others, as well as damage that is beyond the purview of the consumer’s standard warranty". The insurance is covered by New India Assurance Company Limited and will be administered by Universal Insurance Brokers Services Private Limited (UIBSPL).
For those not in the know, Asha 501 is the first handset from Nokia to run its Asha Software Platform. The phone sports a 3" LCD screen with 240x320 pixels, a 3.2 megapixel camera, and dual-SIM (GSM) functionality. Other features include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, microSD card slot, and 1200 mAh battery. The Asha 501 comes in in six colours: Red, Cyan, Green, White, Black, and Yellow. The green one though hasn't been listed in India yet. The handset is priced at Rs 5200. Check out the unboxing video here.
TAGS: Mobile Phones, Asha, Nokia
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals