11:18 22nd Oct, 2013
Nokia Sells Asha 501 With Free Insurance Cover
No addtional charge for the anti-theft insurance on its feature phone.
Nokia had tied up with New India Assurance earlier in the year to offer insurance policies in case theft or loss of its premium handsets. The offer is now back for the under its Diwali offer, this time covering its Asha 501 feature phone, and it is free of additional costs. The offer will be valid up to 15th November on all new handsets, and covers "thefts, burglary, malicious acts, riots among others, as well as damage that is beyond the purview of the consumer’s standard warranty". The insurance is covered by New India Assurance Company Limited and will be administered by Universal Insurance Brokers Services Private Limited (UIBSPL).
For those not in the know, Asha 501 is the first handset from Nokia to run its Asha Software Platform. The phone sports a 3" LCD screen with 240x320 pixels, a 3.2 megapixel camera, and dual-SIM (GSM) functionality. Other features include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0, microSD card slot, and 1200 mAh battery. The Asha 501 comes in in six colours: Red, Cyan, Green, White, Black, and Yellow. The green one though hasn't been listed in India yet. The handset is priced at Rs 5200. Check out the unboxing video here.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance