15:05 17th Oct, 2013
Is WoNoBo India's Answer To Google's Street View?
The new initiative will soon be integrated with Incredible India campaign.
After shooing away Google's Street View service in the country, the tourism ministry in India has joined hands with mapping company Genesys to unveil a walking tour platform for 54 cities. For now, the site WoNoBo.com has already mapped 12 cities, including Mumbai, Delhi, Jaipur, Bangalore, and Kolkata, along with detailed walk throughs, point-of-interests, and updated stories (all guided on a map via an auto rickshaw navigation icon!). There are some interesting, and customised walkthroughs for your benefit. Take for instance Salman Khan ka Bandra!, and The Shantaram Tour.
The people behind the service further say that while they have all the requisite permission from the defence authorities of India, and are being extra careful when plotting sensitive areas on the map.
The site will eventually be linked to the Incredible India website, and reports further add that app for mobile platforms are in the works as well. If this endeavour will open doors to the likes of Google Street View, you never know how and when your data is collected, and possibly misused?
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance