14:46 16th Sep, 2013
Google Doodle Celebrates 97 Years Of Ms Subbulakshmi
Becomes the second music icon after Jagjit Singh to be commemorated in the Google logo.
As the country kick-starts Onam festivities today, it also happens to be the 97th birthday of the renowned classical singer Ms Subbulakshmi. The Carnatic vocalist, best known for her rendition on the Sri Venkateshwara Suprabhatam is also the first singer in the country to be conferred with the Bharat Ratna: The highest civilian honour in the country. She is, after all the court-singer (Asthana Vidhwan) of Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams. She also bagged the Ramon Magsaysay award (Asia's equivalent of the Nobel Prize) in 1974.
Second after ghazal maestro Jagjit Singh, the doodle on Google's homepage depicts a tabla, mridangam, and ghatam, with the second G (of Google) showing the songstress in her trademark tanpura and prominent red and black bindi on her forehead. For those who want to shoo away their Monday morning blues with some traditional good morning wishes, MS-style? Check out the original Sri Venkateshwara Suprabhatam below:
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-