13:27 08th Feb, 2013
Google Celebrates Ghazal Maestro Jagjit Singh’s Birthday With A Demure Doodle | TechTree.com
Google Celebrates Ghazal Maestro Jagjit Singh’s Birthday With A Demure Doodle
Doodle for his 72nd appears on Google India’s homepage.
Marking the 72nd birthday of the late Ghazal king Jagjit Singh, Google India paid homage to the singer with a demure doodle on its homepage. The singer passed away on 11th October, 2011, as a result of a brain haemorrhage.
The doodle sports Singh playing his iconic harmonium with the Google logo in the backdrop. One of the leading names in the world of Ghazals, he has crooned popular songs. Many of his songs also appeared on soundtracks of several movies such as "Jhuki jhuki si nazar" (Arth), "Tum itna jo" (Arth), "Tumko dekha toh yeh khayaal" (Saath Saath), "Kaagaz ki kashti" (Kasauti), "Hoshwalon ko khabar kya" (Sarfrosh), "Koi fariyaad" (Tum Bin), and "Chitthi na koi sandesh" (Dushman) among others.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals