11:59 28th Aug, 2013
Samsung's Next Flagship Smartphone To Feature 16 MP Cam With OIS
GALAXY Note 3 may not get optical image stabilisation.
The launch of Samsung GALAXY Note 3 is imminent next week at IFA 2013. In addition to that, we can also expect some other announcements from Samsung such as the GALAXY Gear smart watch. However, we now have a new report claiming that the next flagship smartphone (GALAXY S5?) from the Korean electronics giant will sport a 16 MP rear camera. The company has already had a 16 MP camera phone with the GALAXY S4 Zoom, but that device felt like more of a camera than a smartphone with the bulk for the camera sensor and lens protruding out of the back.
The report also claims that the sensor will also be equipped with Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS), which was highly expected to be a part of the GALAXY Note 3. The idea seems to have been dropped as the South Korean company was unable to acquire the required number of units of the OIS sensors for the phablet. It would be interesting to see how Samsung crams in the camera module into the smartphone while competing with Nokia Lumia 1020 with its 41 MP camera and the upcoming Sony Xperia Z1 with its alleged 20 MP camera.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones