21:18 26th Sep, 2012
Motorola Slashes XOOM Pricing
Follows the PlayBook's lead.
Tablets from top manufacturers have always been overpriced. However, low sales volumes seem to have forced RIM to slash the price of the PlayBook by up to 50%, which resulted in the tablet being sold out yesterday. Now, Motorola has followed suit by reducing the price of its XOOM tablet. Flipkart.com is selling the 32 GB Wi-Fi + 3G version for Rs 27,000, while Koovs.com has priced it at Rs 25,000, with the Wi-Fi model going for Rs 21,500. The original price of the 32 GB Wi-Fi + 3G XOOM was Rs 35,000, the 3G-only version was Rs 33,000, while the Wi-Fi-only variant was Rs 31,000.
Powered by a 1 GHz NVIDIA Tegra 2 dual-core processor and 1 GB RAM, the XOOM sports a 10.1" 1280x800 capacitive touchscreen display with a 5 mp rear and 2 mp front camera. It comes with built-in storage, which can be expanded by means of a microSD slot. The tablet is scheduled for the ICS (Ice Cream Sandwich) update soon. Sales figures of the XOOM have not been too promising due to its exorbitant price tag, but the new reduced pricing might help it gain some face.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance