14:02 20th Jun, 2013
HTC Butterfly S Launches, With Tweaks And 'Premium' Pricing
Adds higher processor speed, an Ultra Pixel camera and more battery life compared to the first Butterfly.
HTC has now launched the HTC Butterfly S smartphone, which follows the full-HD smartphone screen trend and packs a 5-inch full HD display and Gorilla Glass 3 protection. This will be the successor to the exorbitantly priced HTC Butterfly (currently priced Rs 39.5K on various Indian E-commerce sites) that entered in January this year. With the confluence of the Indian Rupee on a downward slide and HTC's love of playing in the premium price spectrum, the new device may well hit close to Rs 50K at launch.
The HTC Butterfly S has a 1.9 GHz quad-core processor, an improvement upon the older HTC Butterfly's 1.5 GHz quad-core processor. Butterfly S retains the 2GB of RAM that was found in its predecessor. It differs by featuring an Ultra-Pixel rear camera, which debuted in the HTC One and was not found in the older HTC Butterfly. The new Butterfly S offers a 3,200mAh battery (non-removable built in), which betters its predecessor's 2020 mAh battery and is derived from HTC's One X.
The Android platform driving the new Butterfly is not explicitly mentioned but we expect the device to run Android 4.2, taking a cue from its predecessor's Android 4.1 operating system. We list the technical specifications of the HTC Butterfly S:
- 5-inch full HD display with a resolution of 1080p
- Android 4.2, along with HTC Sense UI v5.0
- 1.9 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor
- 4 MP Ultra-Pixel rear camera, and a 2.1 MP front camera
- 2GB of RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion up to 64GB
- 3G, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, and microUSB connectivity, 4G not supported
- Dual stereo speakers, audio integrated with Beats and HTC Boom Sound technology
- 3,200 mAh battery
As of now, HTC's Butterfly S has been launched in Taiwan, and is slated to have a pricing of 22,900 New Taiwanese Dollars (close to US$ 770). The HTC Butterfly S may have to compete with pricing of the recently released Samsung flagship, the GALAXY S4 (priced at Rs 39K).
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband