10:18 31st Jan, 2013
HTC Butterfly Lands In India, Asks For A Bit Much At Rs 46,000
Company's top of the line Android handset features a 5-inch Full HD 1080p display, quad-core CPU and 2 GB RAM.
HTC's flagship smartphone, the Butterfly has finally been released in India. For those who have been living under a rock, the HTC Butterfly packs in all the bells and whistles you would expect from a premium Android smartphone. The USP of the device is its 5-inch Full HD 1080p display with a pixel density of 440 ppi (for comparison, the iPhone 5's retina display has a pixel density of 326 ppi).
This phone has previously been available in Japan as the HTC J Butterfly. The HTC Butterfly packs in a 1.5 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 CPU with 2 GB of RAM. It runs the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system with HTC's Sense 4 user interface to customize it. For photography enthusiasts, it has an 8MP rear camera with an f/2.0 aperture and a 28 mm wide-angle lens. For video calls, it has a 2.1MP front camera.
Complete specifications of the HTC Butterfly:
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean).
- 1.5 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S4 Pro (APQ8064) processor.
- 2GB of RAM.
- LTE network connectivity, micro SIM slot.
- 8 MP rear CMOS camera with LED flash and 1920 x 1080 (Full HD) video recording
- 2.1 MP front camera.
- 5" inch SuperLCD 3 screen, Full HD resolution (440 ppi density).
- Dual-band Wi-Fi (802.11 n/g/b/a) for 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz operation.
- Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, Tethering/mobile hotspot support, GPS.
- 3.5mm audio and Micro USB ports.
- 2020 mAh battery.
- Measures 5.63 x 2.8 x 0.36 inches, weighs about 140 grams.
The specs are pretty impressive and are in line with what you would expect from a flagship device. However, its price will burn a hole in your pocket - HTC has pegged the Butterfly at an MRP of Rs 50,000. The street price will be lower at Rs 46,000 but that may still be too much to ask for a mobile phone.
Its pricing makes the HTC Butterfly more expensive than any other smartphone in the market including the base model of Apple's iPhone 5, which is known for its premium pricing. We think HTC should have priced this handset lower if it expects to move units in larger numbers.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance