12:40 14th Jun, 2013
Samsung GALAXY S4 zoom Is Now Official | TechTree.com
Samsung GALAXY S4 zoom Is Now Official
The Android 4.2 handset comes with a 16 MP main camera and 4.3" screen.
Samsung has officially launched its GALAXY S4 zoom running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, at an event in London. Unlike its predecessor the Samsung GALAXY Camera, this new device offers voice calling. Another highlight is the new UI element that revolves around a physical zoom ring that's placed around the lens assembly. With a quick twist of this ring, you can capture and send an image directly via MMS even when you're in the middle of a call. The same ring can also be used to access the Quick Launch and Shortcut options on the device.
Samsung GALAXY S4 zoom comes with a 16 MP camera as compared to the 16.3 MP on the Samsung GALAXY Camera. The device also packs in a 1.9 MP front camera, 4.3" AMOLED display, and is driven by a dual-core processor.
Its technical specifications include:
- 4.3" AMOLED touchscreen display with 540x960 pixels and TouchWiz UI.
- Android 4.2 Jelly Bean operating system.
- 1.5 GHz dual-core processor.
- 16 MP rear camera; 1.9 MP front snapper.
- 1.5 GB RAM.
- 8 GB internal storage (5 GB user accessible).
- microSD card slot with support for up to 64 GB.
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, 3G, and LTE connectivity.
- 2330 mAh battery.
- Additional features include S Voice, S Translator, Group Play, Story Album, and Paper Artist.
- Google Mobile Services supported.
Pricing details for the GALAXY S4 zoom haven't been made available as yet. Samsung's new offering could very well compete with its predecessor, once officially released. Till people come up with an obnoxious term such as phablet to describe this device best, we'll just call Samsung's newest "smartphone" a camera phone instead.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals