15:09 07th Jun, 2013
HTC Desire XDS Smartphone Now Available At Rs 16,000
The Desire XDS offers the manufacturer's Sense 4 User Interface on Android 4.0.
After HTC's Desire U went up for pre-orders yesterday, the HTC Desire XDS is now available for purchase online at Rs 16,089 on Saholic.com. On the specs side, HTC's Desire XDS smartphone comes with a 4-inch display, but runs on the now outdated Android 4.0 Ice-Cream Sandwich platform. However, the device is driven by a dual-core processor, and offers users HTC's Sense 4 interface.
For its price range, HTC could have done better on many counts - the operating system, RAM, battery and front camera at least. Here's a look at the specs of the HTC Desire XDS:
- 4-inch super LCD display having 800 x 480 pixels, with HTC Sense 4 UI
- Android 4.0 Ice-Cream Sandwich operating system, Google Play store
- 1GHz dual-core processor
- 5MP rear camera, NO front camera
- 768 MB RAM, 4GB internal memory
- MicroSD card slot for expansion up to 32 GB
- 25 GB Dropbox storage offered
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, GPRS and USB connectivity, NO 3G
- 1650 mAh Li-ion battery
If the above sounds an awful lot like the 27-month old HTC Desire S (or Desire V), well that's because this device is indeed very similar. In fact, except for the dual-core processor, the rest of the tweaks to the hardware are actually for the worse. I guess the XDS is an immediate-buy decision, if like those who designed and over-priced it, you're still living in 2011.
For a company with products as good as the HTC One, it feels schizophrenic to imagine these products also flow from the same stable. In fact, the HTC Desire U priced at Rs 13,350 (online retailer price) offers 3G connectivity (there is a front VGA camera for video calls), but has identical tech-specs as that of the Desire XDS.
If users are looking at a budget smartphone with decent tech-specs and value for money, do take a look at our Buyers' Guide of smartphones under Rs 15,000. Apart from quad-core processing, these smartphones give the Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean) experience, and will help save a few thousand Rupees.
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499