17:09 28th May, 2013
HTC Teases The HTC One With A Picture Of Asia's Largest Slum!
The much-awaited handset will launch soon in India.
After Samsung's Mega announcement of a new larger-than-hands handsets series, it's now HTC's turn to show off its flagship HTC One Android phone. The brand put up a tweet hinting at an India launch soon, redirecting users to its Facebook page that flaunts a "bright sunshine" over Asia's largest slum area, Dharavi.
Whether this is a hint at how many phones HTC intends to sell, its pricing strategy (which is set at around 43K), or target audience, we'd never know, but one thing is for sure, its not about how many megapixels the phone camera packs in, its about taking the right pictures. For now though, here is the known list of specifications:
- 4.7" full HD display (1080p).
- 1.7 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 processor.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system.
- UltraPixel rear camera, along with 2.1 mp front camera.
- 2 GB RAM.
- 32 GB internal storage.
- Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi, Micro-USB, NFC, GPS, Infrared port.
- 2300 mAh Li-Polymer battery.
— HTC India (@HTC_IN) May 28, 2013
Update: The handset has been finally unveiled at a Reliance store in Juhu, Mumbai. For those using the HTC One with a Reliance GSM connection, you'll get 1 GB of 3G data free for 3 months along with free data usage on WhatsApp and Facebook. Plus these users can also stake claim to 3 month worth of free BigFlix subscription.
- Philips 3.1 and 2.1 Channel Soundbars with Wireless Subwoofer launched
- Sony India launches a digital voice recorder ICD-UX570F
- Amazon Launches Fire TV Edition Smart TVs in India with Onida
- Supercharge Radeon Gameplay with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition
- BOSE AR EXPERIENCES NOW AVAILABLE IN THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS APP
- Nokia 7.1 joins Nokia 9 PureView and Nokia 8.1 on Android 10
- HiFuture unveils Olymbuds, the Most Comfortable True Wireless Earbuds in India today at just Rs. 3,999/-
- Sennheiser Launches Momentum Headphones for Rs.34,990
- Launching FINGERS Chic Dual.D Wireless Neckband earphone
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband