15:15 17th Apr, 2013
Yahoo's Marissa Mayer: 50% Increase Of Mobile Users In Q1 2013 | TechTree.com
Yahoo's Marissa Mayer: 50% Increase Of Mobile Users In Q1 2013
Yahoo's Flickr for iOS also reported significant growth, as disclosed in the CEO's earnings call.
Call it a breather for a beleaguered firm, or the rise of a phoenix - Yahoo has surpassed the 300 million mobile users mark, in the first quarter of 2013. As per a report published in The Next Web, Yahoo's CEO Marissa Mayer confirmed these numbers during Yahoo's latest earnings call. These numbers indicate substantial growth as the internet company had closed 2012 having approximately 200 million users on mobile platforms.
The report also mentions that Yahoo's Flickr mobile app (that was redesigned for the iOS platform), contributed to 25% growth in the photo uploading and viewership segment. However, with a display revenue of $455 million in the first quarter of 2013, and a search revenue of $425 million during the same period, the beleaguered internet company needs more groundwork in these segments, as these revenues are lower compared to Q1 of 2012, during which Yahoo showed a display revenue of $459.1 million and search revenue of $482 million.
Yahoo has again made inroads into the business which it used to dominate, ever since Marissa Mayer took over as the CEO last year. With its recent homepage revamp after 4 years, in a bid to make it more social and optimise effectively for tablets and smartphones, Yahoo is putting a fight against internet search giant Google. Another heartening factor for Yahoo! fans would be the CNBC report that says Yahoo attracted 392 million visitors in January 2013, compared to 365 million viewers in January 2012.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals