19:38 21st Feb, 2013
Yahoo! Revamps To Be "More Social", Optimised For Mobile Devices | TechTree.com
Yahoo! Revamps To Be "More Social", Optimised For Mobile Devices
The website facelift comes at a time when Google is dominating the internet space.
The Yahoo website is slated for a major revamp, in a bid to make it more social and offer users a personalized experience. There will be various features similar to what Facebook users use, including providing for logging in with a Facebook ID. Newsfeeds with infinite scrolls will be introduced in the new design.
Marissa Mayer, CEO of Yahoo said yesterday in a blog post, "Designed to be more intuitive and personal, the new Yahoo! experience is all about your interests and preferences. Since streams of information have become the paradigm of choice on the web, we're introducing a news feed with infinite scroll, letting you experience a virtually endless feed of news articles. Whether you are a sports fanatic or entertainment buff, you can easily customize your news feed to your interests."
The blog post stated that users in the Unites States will be the first to access the new Yahoo web page, in the next few days. There is no mention about users in other parts of the world accessing the new Yahoo website.
Apart from this, Marissa Mayer's post also says the new Yahoo will be optimised for usage with tablets and smartphones as well. She says newly designed applications have been introduced, for users to access their "must-know information", from local weather to Facebook friends' birthdays.
This strategy by Yahoo comes at a time when the company is losing ground to Google. Yahoo has also been trying hard to attract more users to its Yahoo! Mail service when Gmail is dominating market share. But this doesn't seem to have affected the company, as CNBC quotes a comScore survey to state that Yahoo attracted a worldwide traffic of 392 million visitors last month, an increase from 365 million visitors who visited the site at the same time a year ago.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals