12:24 02nd Apr, 2013
Apple iRadio To Launch Soon
The company is expected to tie-up with companies such as Universal and Pandora.
Apple's iRadio which marks the consumer tech major's foray into music streaming is reportedly going to take place this summer. The web service from Apple was rumoured to be in the works from a long time.
Apple is said to be conducting negotiations with various record companies such as Universal and Warner with regard to streaming rights, and these negotiations are also said to be going forward so that Apple can aim at launching iRadio by Summer this year.
Earlier, there were reports about Apple offering to pay approximately half the royalty rate for web radio services in comparison to what some other major players in the industry such as Pandora and Spotify pay. The iPhone maker had reportedly offered to pay 6 cents for every 100 songs streamed. Pandora and Spotify are said to be paying 12 cents and 35 cents per 100 songs streaming.
Meanwhile Apple had tied-up with Universal for its iCloud service. Now, with the company said to tie up with Universal for its iRadio, music streaming can be expected to get bigger.
A plethora of Apple products are on the way - iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 are expected to come out in June, while an iPad Mini 2 is expected in September this year.
Also Read: Apple And Beats May Collaborate For Online Music Streaming Service
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-