12:24 02nd Apr, 2013
Apple iRadio To Launch Soon
The company is expected to tie-up with companies such as Universal and Pandora.
Apple's iRadio which marks the consumer tech major's foray into music streaming is reportedly going to take place this summer. The web service from Apple was rumoured to be in the works from a long time.
Apple is said to be conducting negotiations with various record companies such as Universal and Warner with regard to streaming rights, and these negotiations are also said to be going forward so that Apple can aim at launching iRadio by Summer this year.
Earlier, there were reports about Apple offering to pay approximately half the royalty rate for web radio services in comparison to what some other major players in the industry such as Pandora and Spotify pay. The iPhone maker had reportedly offered to pay 6 cents for every 100 songs streamed. Pandora and Spotify are said to be paying 12 cents and 35 cents per 100 songs streaming.
Meanwhile Apple had tied-up with Universal for its iCloud service. Now, with the company said to tie up with Universal for its iRadio, music streaming can be expected to get bigger.
A plethora of Apple products are on the way - iPhone 5S and iPhone 6 are expected to come out in June, while an iPad Mini 2 is expected in September this year.
Also Read: Apple And Beats May Collaborate For Online Music Streaming Service
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones