14:57 26th Feb, 2013
Pune Airtel 4G Subscribers Can Make Voice Calls
Airtel will use Nokia Siemens' network to provide the 4G voice calling facility.
Bharti Airtel will soon offer voice calling to its 4G customers in Pune, through the Nokia Siemens network. This technology enables Airtel GSM customers to initiate/receive voice calls along with getting access to their respective voice mail. Airtel states that the 4G data services will remain intact along with the entire voice calling process.
"The solution will enable our 4G customers to enjoy high-quality voice services and ultra-fast data services on TD-LTE platform - thereby allowing them to have a unified experience on a 4G handset", said Jagbir Singh, CTO and Director-Network Services Group, Bharti Airtel, in a release.
Bharti Airtel has already been providing its 4G services in the telecom circles of Kolkata and Bangalore.
An earlier ruling by Telecom Commission allows telecom companies possessing valid ISP licences and 4G spectrum, to provide voice calling services. To provide this service, telcos need to pay Rs 1,658 crore as fees.
Airtel Claims To Empower Rural Subscribers With Apna Chaupal
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch