14:57 26th Feb, 2013
Pune Airtel 4G Subscribers Can Make Voice Calls | TechTree.com
Pune Airtel 4G Subscribers Can Make Voice Calls
Airtel will use Nokia Siemens' network to provide the 4G voice calling facility.
Bharti Airtel will soon offer voice calling to its 4G customers in Pune, through the Nokia Siemens network. This technology enables Airtel GSM customers to initiate/receive voice calls along with getting access to their respective voice mail. Airtel states that the 4G data services will remain intact along with the entire voice calling process.
"The solution will enable our 4G customers to enjoy high-quality voice services and ultra-fast data services on TD-LTE platform - thereby allowing them to have a unified experience on a 4G handset", said Jagbir Singh, CTO and Director-Network Services Group, Bharti Airtel, in a release.
Bharti Airtel has already been providing its 4G services in the telecom circles of Kolkata and Bangalore.
An earlier ruling by Telecom Commission allows telecom companies possessing valid ISP licences and 4G spectrum, to provide voice calling services. To provide this service, telcos need to pay Rs 1,658 crore as fees.
Airtel Claims To Empower Rural Subscribers With Apna Chaupal
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals