16:34 23rd Jan, 2013
BlackBerry Renames The App World Web Store To BlackBerry World, Packs In More Features
In preparation for the BB10 OS, the service will also give users access to videos and music.
Similar to how Google turned its Android Market to the Play store, BlackBerry seems to want to start with a fresh approach ahead of its BlackBerry 10 OS launch. The BlackBerry App World web store is now called the BlackBerry World, and promises to give access to videos and music based content as well. While the service seems to be available to users in the US for a fee, it is clear whether the services will be offered in India as well.
While changes will first show up on the web storefront first, BlackBerry PlayBook tablet and BlackBerry smartphone users may have to wait a little longer for changes to take effect.
Those looking forward to the BB10 launch, a hands on demo will be available at the BlackBerry Live conference (formerly called as BlackBerry World conference), which is scheduled on 14th-16th May in Orlando, Florida.
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow