Chandrakant 'CK' Isi
23:15 08th Jan, 2013
CES 2013: Samsung Unveils World's Largest 85" 4K Television
But where is the content?
Koran giant Samsung, has unveiled an 85" monster of a television set at this year's CES. Dubbed as the UN85S9, this is the biggest Ultra High-Definition (4K) TV meant for consumers. It features a unique "floating" design, which allows the screen to be tilted within its outer metal frame. The TV comes with Samsung's Smart Hub software and S-Voice (quite obviously) for voice control. Staying true to its tradition of slapping powerful processors on any gadget possible (remember the GALAXY camera?), Samsung packs in a 1.35 GHz quad-core CPU. Other important features of the UN85S9 include 4 HDMI ports and 2.2 audio system.
[Also read: TechTree's brief explanation of why CES is a big deal in the world of tech]
Going by the specs, there's no doubt this TV looks exciting. However, what concerns me is the availability of content that'll do justice to UN85S9's pixel-packed screen. While there's no information regarding its pricing as of this writing, I'm sure it's going to be very steep. If you still want to get your hands on one, start saving up — the TV is slated to be available starting March this year. Since such a unique product requires more than an image, here's the official announcement video:
- Noise announces its new Qualcomm Powered Bluetooth Neckband
- Skullcandy Launches Noise Reduction Earbuds at RS. 7999
- Zebronics launches TWS earphone “Zeb-Sound Bomb”
- HiFuture launches the longest battery true wireless earbuds in India
- Digisol Launches Smart Switch for Smart Cities
- Airtel announces Revised Tariffs for Mobile customers
- Portronics launches iLUMI, an LED lamp with inbuilt Bluetooth Speaker
- Toreto launches its Remix Series of “USB Wall Charger” with Built-in Bluetooth Speaker
- Launching FINGERS LivMusic Wireless Neckband - Live, Breathe and Absorb Music Non-Stop!
- Techno Launches New Smartphone at Rs.8499