14:18 31st Dec, 2012
Google India Lights A Candle On Its Homepage For Delhi Rape Victim
Instead of the year-end doodle, a tribute to "the Delhi braveheart" appears with a plain-vanilla Google logo.
Instead of its usual doodle — one that marks the end of the year — Google India has put up a small white candle as a tribute to the young rape victim from Delhi who breathed her last in Singapore and was cremated in the capital on Saturday. The candle appears below the search box with the mouse-over tooltip text reading, "In memory of the Delhi braveheart."
Google US had done something similar earlier this month — a logo as a tribute to the kids who died in an elementary school shootout. That logo read, "Our hearts are with the families and community of Newtown, Connecticut."
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance