14:18 31st Dec, 2012
Google India Lights A Candle On Its Homepage For Delhi Rape Victim | TechTree.com
Google India Lights A Candle On Its Homepage For Delhi Rape Victim
Instead of the year-end doodle, a tribute to "the Delhi braveheart" appears with a plain-vanilla Google logo.
Instead of its usual doodle — one that marks the end of the year — Google India has put up a small white candle as a tribute to the young rape victim from Delhi who breathed her last in Singapore and was cremated in the capital on Saturday. The candle appears below the search box with the mouse-over tooltip text reading, "In memory of the Delhi braveheart."
Google US had done something similar earlier this month — a logo as a tribute to the kids who died in an elementary school shootout. That logo read, "Our hearts are with the families and community of Newtown, Connecticut."
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals