14:18 31st Dec, 2012
Google India Lights A Candle On Its Homepage For Delhi Rape Victim
Instead of the year-end doodle, a tribute to "the Delhi braveheart" appears with a plain-vanilla Google logo.
Instead of its usual doodle — one that marks the end of the year — Google India has put up a small white candle as a tribute to the young rape victim from Delhi who breathed her last in Singapore and was cremated in the capital on Saturday. The candle appears below the search box with the mouse-over tooltip text reading, "In memory of the Delhi braveheart."
Google US had done something similar earlier this month — a logo as a tribute to the kids who died in an elementary school shootout. That logo read, "Our hearts are with the families and community of Newtown, Connecticut."
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones
- Xiaomi to bring NavIC technology from ISRO to several smartphones in 2020
- Bobble celebrates 'Namaste Trump" with new GIFs, and Stickers
- Fujifilm unveils the new X100V camera with high performance and advanced functions along with two new XC 35mm F2 and GF 45-100mm F4 lens
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow