11:36 03rd Nov, 2012
Sony Launches New PS3 In India At Discounted Diwali Pricing Starting From Rs 19,000
Comes in 500 GB HDD and 12 GB flash versions; bundled goodies include PS Move kit and games.
Sony has just launched its new, slimmer, lighter PlayStation 3 gaming console in India. It was introduced in the rest of the world in September. The new PS3 weighs 2.1 kg and measures 11.4" (w) x 9" (d) x 2.3" (h) at its widest points; this makes it 20% lighter and 25% smaller than its predecessor. Power consumption has also been lowered, from 250 W to 190 W. Two models will be available, differentiated by internal storage capacity: A500 GB HDD version and a 12 GB flash version. (The 250 GB HDD model, available in Japan and the US, will not be available here.)
The console has a curved design similar to the earlier version. As an entertainment device, its value is enhanced by the 3D-capable, top-loading Blu-ray drive. The drive can play the latest Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D movie titles. Two USB ports allow users to augment the storage capacity, which will most likely be necessary with the 12 GB flash model.
The company has a special introductory offer pricing to mark the festive occasion of Diwali. The duration of the offer is not yet known, and neither is the post-offer pricing.
The 500 GB PS3 is available for Rs 20,000, and comes with UNCHARTED 3: Drake's Deception: Game Of The Year Edition and Gran Turismo 5: Academy Edition. The Rs 19,000 pricing for the 12 GB version seems a little stiff at first look, but it may actually be better value for money — with its bundle of the PS Move Kit (Eye Camera and PS Move motion controller), and Move Street Cricket game.
Are you up for some serious PS3 gaming this Diwali? Let us know!
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones