13:56 12th Oct, 2012
Blaupunkt Launches Driver-Friendly Bluetooth Headsets
German brand unveils BT Drive Free 112, 211, 311 and 411 in India, priced between Rs 2800 and Rs 5000.
I just can't understand why anyone would need to take calls when driving. Most men can't drive and converse at the same time, and women aren’t considered to be all that safe behind the wheel anyway. But that doesn't really stop anyone from using the phone when driving, now, does it? For high-profile people who just can't stay disconnected, Blaupunkt has launched a new range of Bluetooth headsets. Unlike the run-of-the-mill headsets (OK, one of them is), these devices can be mounted inside your vehicle, using a sun visor kit, to give you a completely hands-free experience. Here are the four new Blaupunkt products:
BT Drive Free 112
The BT HS 112 is a Bluetooth headset that can be connected to two cell phones at the same time. It measures 4.3" (l) x 1.9" (w) X 0.6" (15 mm) (d), and weighs 60 grams. A 3-hour charge gives 15 hours of talk time and 21 days of standby time. The BT HS 112 is priced at Rs 3000.
BT Drive Free 211
The BT Drive Free 211 gives you the best of two worlds — it's a Bluetooth headset and a hands-free device. The docking station can be clipped to the sun visor, and you can use it without the headset. Like the 112, you can connect the 211 to two phones. It measures 4.3" (l) x 2.9" (w) X 0.9" (23 mm) (d) and weighs 80 grams. On a full charge, the headset gives you 2 hours of talk time, while the docking station gives you 15 hours. The device offers standby time of 3 days on the headset and 17 days for the dock. The BT HS 211 is priced at Rs 4000.
BT Drive Free 311
A notch higher than the 211, the BT Drive Free 311 features an LCD display to show phone numbers and caller names. It offers text-to-speech in five languages, and synchronises contacts with your cell phone's phonebook. This one measures 4.5" (l) x 2.2" (w) X 0.7" (18 mm) (d) and weighs 80 grams. The headset offers 10 hours of talk time, and 20 days of standby time. The BT HS 311 is priced at Rs 5000.
BT Drive Free 411
For people who talk constantly on the phone (without getting their eyes off the road), the BT Drive Free 411 Bluetooth hands-free system is prefect — instead of the sun visor, you can attach it to your car's steering wheel. The BT HS 411 measures 1.8" (l) x 1.4" (w) X 3.7" (h) and weighs 40 grams. Priced at Rs 2800, this headset offers 7 hours of talk time, and 12.5 days of standby time.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-