17:04 08th Oct, 2012
S Huawei Ascend Y100 Phone With 2.8" Screen And Android 2.3 Available For Rs 6000
Budget Gingerbread handset features a 3.2 mp snapper, ships with 4 GB card and special 3G data plans from airtel and Aircel.
We've seen a slew of budget Android handsets entering the Indian market; the S Huawei Y100 is the latest entrant in this low-cost-smartphone category. Launched in collaboration with Spice Mobility, the Y100 runs on the (dated) Android 2.3 platform. There's no proper product page on Huawei's India site, though, so here's the list of specifications as on Saholic.com:
- Quad-band 2G (GSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); 3G (2100 MHz).
- 2.8" TFT capacitive touchscreen with pixel dimensions of 320×240 pixels and 262k colours.
- 800MHz processor, 256 MB RAM.
- Android 2.3 (Gingerbread).
- 4.1" (l) x 2.2" (w) x 0.4" (10.9 mm) (d); weighs 110 grammes.
- 3.2 mp fixed focus main camera, video recording@30 fps.
- 3G, WiFi, Bluetooth, A-GPS.
- 512 MB internal storage, 32 GB microSD card slot.
- FM Radio, 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Orientation sensor.
- microUSB port, proprietary battery charging slot.
- Audio Formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, WAV, MP4, MIDI, OGG, AMR.
- Video Formats: MP4, 3GP.
- Camera Features: White balance modes, Picture size adjustment, Picture quality adjustment, Store location, 2.8x digital zoom.
- 1050 mAh battery, 5 hours talktime (for both 2G and 3G connections).
- Box contents: Charger, earphones, data cable, user guide.
The handset is available at Saholic.com for Rs 6000. It doesn’t natively ship with a microSD card, but you get a free 4 GB card, if you buy the Y100 online. New and existing airtel users get 500 MB of 3G data for 1 month; Aircel users get 1 GB for 3 months.
- boAt audio launches new range of earphones & speakers at the recently concluded Lakmé Fashion Week
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-