09:17 28th Sep, 2012
Samsung GALAXY Note II With 5.5" Screen And Android 4.1 Lands on Indian Shores For Rs 40,000 | TechTree.com
Samsung GALAXY Note II With 5.5" Screen And Android 4.1 Lands on Indian Shores For Rs 40,000
16 GB version of the flagship Jelly Bean "phablet" with 8 mp camera is available in the company eStore.
Samsung took the wraps off its flagship hybrid "phablet" last month at IFA 2012, and is now all set to warm the hearts of Indian fandroids with a penchant for large screens. The GALAXY Note II features a 5.5" Super AMOLED screen and support for voice calls. Running Android 4.1 (jelly Bean) out of the box, the phone comes preloaded with apps for the bundled S Pen (stylus). The gadget is powered by a 1.6 GHz quad-core CPU with 2 GB of RAM. It has a rear 8 mp and 1.9 mp front camera. Here's a list of detailed specs:
- 5.5" Super AMOLED screen with pixel dimensions of 720x1280 (267 ppi).
- 1.6 GHz quad-core CPU with 2 GB RAM.
- Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean); 2G, 3G and 4G LTE compatible.
- 8 mp auto-focus camera with LED flash, BSI sensor, Full HD (1080p) video recording, 1.9 mp front camera.
- Dual channel Wi-Fi (2.4 & 5 GHz) with MHL support, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, NFC, Assisted GLONASS GPS, USB 2.0 Host (supports external devices).
- 16 \ 32 \ 64 GB internal storage, 64 GB microSD card slot.
- S Pen (stylus) with handwriting recognition support and Popup Note (scribble a note at any time, even when making calls).
- Video Formats: MPEG4, H.263, H.264, VC-1, DivX, WMV9, VP8, 3GP, MP4, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WebM.
- Audio Formats: MP3, OGG, WMA, AAC, AAC+, eAAC, AMR, MIDI, WAV, AC-3, FLAC.
- 3100 mAh battery.
- Accelerometer, RGB light, Digital compass, Proximity sensor, Gyroscope, Barometer, 3.5 mm jack.
- 3.2" (l) x 6" (w) x 0.4" (9.4 mm) (d), 180 grammes.
- Available Colours: Marble White, Titanium Grey.
The Samsung India eStore has currently listed the 16 GB Wi-Fi + 3G model for purchase at a price of Rs 40,000. The "launch offer" includes a free Bluetooth headset, valid until stocks last. Check out the gallery below for more product shots. How many of you plan on buying this device instead of waiting for the Apple iPhone 5 to arrive in India? Let us know in the comments.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals