20:32 29th Dec, 2012
Google Turns 14, Celebrates With A Cake-Themed Doodle | TechTree.com
Google Turns 14, Celebrates With A Cake-Themed Doodle
Internet biggie puts up an animated chocolate cake on its homepage to mark the occasion.
It's been 14 years since Google began helping the world find its way through the internet. To celebrate the milestone, the search giant has put up an animated doodle on their minimalist homepage — a chocolate cake with 14 candles. The candles are lit when you load the page, and slowly get blown off. They then arrange themselves in a "tally" formation, making way for the Google logo. (Last year, the search giant celebrated its entry into "teenage" with a fun party scene.)
The 27th of September isn’t the date when Google was born, however; it filed for incorporation on 4th September 1998. But the first time they put up a birthday doodle was on 27th September, 2002. For the next two years, the birthday doodle appeared on 7th September, and in 2005, on the 26th of September. It's been more or less the 27th of September after that. In fact, no one is able to say when exactly Google came into existence.
For some mid-day chocolate cake, check out Google's homepage!
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals