19:22 26th Sep, 2012
Nokia Flags Off City Lens Contest
Answer questions via an FB app for 10 days; get a chance to party all night long and win a Lumia 900.
Augmented reality apps — such as Layar and Google Goggles — have been available on the Android and iOS platforms for quite some time now. Looking at their popularity, Nokia has decided to use its Nokia City Lens app as a selling point for its Lumia series of handsets. While the app is available for some of its Symbian phones (Belle and MeeGo) as well, in India the focus seems to be on pushing devices running Windows Phone. After making Shah Rukh Khan demonstrate how the app works, Nokia is now letting you win a handset as well: The brand has flagged off a contest called "Nokia City Lens PDD - Point. Discover. Do".
The idea is to explore your city using the Nokia City Lens app; Nokia will put up questions (with multiple choices) for participants each day for ten days, beginning 25th September. Get started by logging in to www.nokiacitylenspdd.com with your Facebook account. Three winners will be picked across three metros (Mumbai, Delhi, and Bangalore); they will enjoy a "Night-Off" party with Nokia footing the bill. The best part is that you get to use the Lumia 900 preloaded with Nokia City Lens, which the company claims will help you plan your night out. The event is open for users in the 21 to 35 age group.
The Lumia 900 sports a 4.3" ClearBlack AMOLED screen, a 1.4 GHz Scorpion processor, Adreno 205 GPU, 512 MB RAM, 16 GB of internal storage, and 4G connectivity. It is available for Rs 33,000 in white, fuchsia, cyan, and black. It is priced slightly lower at online stores; you can pick one up for Rs 31,200 at Flipkart.com or Rs 32,800 at Naaptol.com.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance