16:00 05th Sep, 2012
Download: YouWeCan (Windows Phone)
Join the fight against cancer with Yuvraj Singh.
Here's an app for a noble cause. YouWeCan, currently available exclusively for the Windows Phone platform, aims to spread awareness about cancer. After his successful comeback to cricket following a battle with cancer, Yuvraj Singh has become a sort of mascot in the global fight against the most dreaded ailment of all. The app supports the YouWeCan Fight Cancer initiative by the Yuvraj Singh Foundation.
The try-and-buy app is priced at Rs 565; a majority of the proceedings, it is claimed, will go to the Yuvraj Singh Foundation – which will utilise it towards the treatment of cancer patients. YouWeCan has a picture book of the cricketer with photographs since his childhood days. A Prevent Cancer section gives you information about the types of cancers, and about how they can be detected in the early stages. Users can also use the app to buy YouWeCan T-shirts, caps, and ribbons to donate. When you make a donation, you get a digital T-shirt, signed by Yuvraj, personalised with your name and photo. You can use it to start personal anti-cancer campaigns on Facebook and Twitter.
If you purchase the app, you can enter weekly contests that feature Yuvi, cricket, and cancer. Also, you can win YouWeCan memorabilia, and your picture might get to the cover photo of the app as Contest Winner for one week. Check out the image gallery below for more screenshots.
Developer: Asset Management Ventures
Size: 7 MB
Price: Rs 565
Platform: Windows Phone 7.5 or higher
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones