17:46 14th Sep, 2012
IFA 2012: Samsung Shows Off Accessory Prototypes For Android 4.1-Based GALAXY Camera
Only the camera case with a magnetic flap for the 4.8" screen will be produced for now.
If you thought Samsung was over and done with all its announcements before IFA 2012 officially started, then you are way off. After unveiling the Android-based GALAXY Camera at the Samsung Unpacked event, the Korean manufacturer has put on display several accessory concepts for the device, which will hopefully make their way into mass production. Having said that, most users usually don't invest a lot on accessories for point-and-shoot cameras. Moreover, considering that the camera is based on Samsung's flagship GALAXY S III handset, and looking at its spec sheet, it will surely be priced on the higher side. If that is the case, then the company will have to look at how well the product does, before venturing into the accessories market.
TheVerge has listed some pretty interesting accessories from Samsung's lineup at the event, of which the camera case with a magnetic flap for the device's touchscreen will be out soon. Other accessories on display include a waterproof housing (a special kind of case for underwater shots), a ring light (a donut-shaped flash ring placed around the lens that helps especially for macro shots), a large flash, a lens hood (to capture more light for dimly-lit shots), a studio-style tripod setup, and a wireless charger. While the wireless charger isn't compatible with the current model, it has been designed keeping in mind future cameras that will support the feature.
Looking at these accessories, seems like this camera plans to compete with the likes of entry-level DSLRs, just like Nokia's PureView 808. Are you planning to buy the device when in launches in the country? Which of these accessories make it high in your wish list? Do let us know in the comments.
Camera case with a magnetic flap for the screen.
- Bobble AI bullish on growing business via regional content; announces dedicated keyboard in Malayalam
- Acer India launches business PC at Just Rs 9999
- TCL 4K QLED with Hands Free AI TV Pre-booking Coming Soon at Reliance Digital
- Linksys India Launches VELOP MX5300 WIFI 6 Mesh System
- Acer introduces Nitro 5, its first 10th Gen Intel® Core™ Gaming Laptop
- Barco Introduces New Series of Advanced Video Processing and Presentation Control Systems
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance