17:32 28th Sep, 2012
A Bold Star Trek Doodle Graces Google's Homepage | TechTree.com
A Bold Star Trek Doodle Graces Google's Homepage
Anniversary doodle goes "where no doodle has gone before".
The original Star Trek series was first aired on 8th September, 1966. As a mark of respect for what was probably the most popular sci-fi franchise ever, the Google Doodle today"aims to boldly go where no doodle has gone before". The interactive animation is the story of the USS Enterprise, told through the Google logo.
By the looks of it, "G" represents Mr Spock, the red "O" is Nyota Uhura, while the yellow one is James T Kirk — the commanding officer of the USS Enterprise. Mashable.com reports that the doodle was released a day in advance so that users could play around with it and figure out the story, adding: "…a challenge that perhaps only true Trekkies will undertake". Since last year's celebrations saw a one-day delay, so this is probably Google's way of making it up to avid fans.
Did you get all the easter eggs and "inside" Trekkie references? If so, share it with us in the comments.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals