16:01 29th Aug, 2012
Android 2.3 Based 3G Dual-SIM Intex Aqua 4.0 Launched For Rs 5500
Gingerbread smartphone features a 3.5" touchscreen, 3 mp main camera, and 0.3 mp front camera.
Delhi-based Intex, which has placed all its mobile eggs in the multi-SIM basket, seems to firmly believe that the Indian public can never have enough of multiple SIM cards, going by its portfolio of nearly 50 dual-SIM phones. Continuing in the same vein, after bringing out a dual-SIM feature phone earlier this month, it has now launched its first Android-based 3G dual-SIM (GSM+GSM) smartphone. The Aqua 4.0 is powered by a modest 800 MHz CPU — admittedly enough for its onboard Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) — and features a 3.5" capacitive touchscreen. Why the product has "4.0" in the name when it doesn't have Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), isn't upgradeable to that OS version, and even lacks a 4" screen is anybody's guess.
The manufacturer plans to release five more Android handsets in the next few months. Although the product page isn't available as of this writing, here's the list of specs as mentioned in the press release:
- Dual-SIM GSM; dual-band 3G.
- 3.5", 2-point capacitive touchscreen with pixel dimensions of 320x480.
- Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread); Preloaded games include Angry Birds, Talking Tom, and Fruit Ninja; Preloaded apps include Flipkart, Facebook, India Rail, Nimbuzz, and Skype among others.
- 800 MHz CPU, 256 MB of RAM, 131 MB of usable built-in storage, 32 GB microSD card slot.
- 3 mp main and 0.3 mp front camera.
- 5-pin connector, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP support.
- FM radio with recording, 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor.
- 1400 mAh battery with talk time of 3 hours and standby time of 140 hours.
- Available colours: Black, White.
The Aqua 4.0 is available at an MRP of Rs 5500. While exact launch details about the other handsets haven't been revealed yet, they will all be released by October-end (in time for the Diwali shopping season) and priced between Rs 5000 and Rs 10,000.
- Sennheiser PXC 550-II Wireless, The Smarter Travel Companion, Launched in India
- Titan Company strengthens its technology and wearables play
- Xiaomi India launches Desh Ka Dumdaar Smartphone, Redmi 8A Dual
- HYPERX LAUNCHES FURY ULTRA RGB GAMING MOUSE PAD IN INDIA
- An initiative to create a Breathe Free space for the torch bearers of tomorrow
- Philips rapidly expands its smart audio product portfolio by launching Headphones with one touch Google Assistant and Active Noise Cancellation
- Goldmedal Electricals launches smart i-Sense Senso Switch
- Newly launched Vu Cinema TV sold out on Amazon within 24 hours!
- Havit launches high bass neckband with 12 hrs battery in India at 1299/-
- ADCOM Launches “Vision” - LED Headphones for Ultimate Gamers