16:01 29th Aug, 2012
Android 2.3 Based 3G Dual-SIM Intex Aqua 4.0 Launched For Rs 5500 | TechTree.com
Android 2.3 Based 3G Dual-SIM Intex Aqua 4.0 Launched For Rs 5500
Gingerbread smartphone features a 3.5" touchscreen, 3 mp main camera, and 0.3 mp front camera.
Delhi-based Intex, which has placed all its mobile eggs in the multi-SIM basket, seems to firmly believe that the Indian public can never have enough of multiple SIM cards, going by its portfolio of nearly 50 dual-SIM phones. Continuing in the same vein, after bringing out a dual-SIM feature phone earlier this month, it has now launched its first Android-based 3G dual-SIM (GSM+GSM) smartphone. The Aqua 4.0 is powered by a modest 800 MHz CPU — admittedly enough for its onboard Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) — and features a 3.5" capacitive touchscreen. Why the product has "4.0" in the name when it doesn't have Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich), isn't upgradeable to that OS version, and even lacks a 4" screen is anybody's guess.
The manufacturer plans to release five more Android handsets in the next few months. Although the product page isn't available as of this writing, here's the list of specs as mentioned in the press release:
- Dual-SIM GSM; dual-band 3G.
- 3.5", 2-point capacitive touchscreen with pixel dimensions of 320x480.
- Android 2.3.5 (Gingerbread); Preloaded games include Angry Birds, Talking Tom, and Fruit Ninja; Preloaded apps include Flipkart, Facebook, India Rail, Nimbuzz, and Skype among others.
- 800 MHz CPU, 256 MB of RAM, 131 MB of usable built-in storage, 32 GB microSD card slot.
- 3 mp main and 0.3 mp front camera.
- 5-pin connector, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP support.
- FM radio with recording, 3.5 mm audio jack.
- Accelerometer, proximity sensor, ambient light sensor.
- 1400 mAh battery with talk time of 3 hours and standby time of 140 hours.
- Available colours: Black, White.
The Aqua 4.0 is available at an MRP of Rs 5500. While exact launch details about the other handsets haven't been revealed yet, they will all be released by October-end (in time for the Diwali shopping season) and priced between Rs 5000 and Rs 10,000.
- DRIFE Begins Operations in Namma Bengaluru
- Sevenaire launches ‘NEPTUNE’ – 24W Portable Speaker with RGB LED Lights
- Inbase launches ‘Urban Q1 Pro’ TWS Earbuds with Smart Touch control in India
- Airtel announces Rs 6000 cashback on purchase of smartphones from leading brands
- 78% of Indians are saving to spend during the festive season and 72% will splurge on gadgets & electronics
- 5 Tips For Buying A TV This Festive Season
- Facebook launches its largest creator education program in India
- 5 educational tech toys for young and aspiring engineers
- Mid-range smartphones emerge as customer favourites this festive season, reveals Amazon survey
- COLORFUL Launches Onebot M24A1 AIO PC for Professionals