22:06 26th Aug, 2012
Samsung GALAXY Note 800: Android 4.0 3G Tablet With 10.1" Screen Launched For Rs 39,000
Features a split-screen display, 5 mp camera, 7000 mAh battery, and 3G SIM with voice calls.
Samsung has launched the GALAXY Note 800 (aka Note 10.1) in India. The company had offered the tablet for pre-order 16th August onwards. The 10.1" slate comes with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and is powered by a quad-core 1.4 GHz CPU with 2 GB of RAM. While it is available internationally in 16, 32, and 64 GB versions, only the 16 GB version is currently available in the country. If the internal storage runs out, there's room for an additional 32 GB via microSD card. A 5 mp auto-focus rear camera with LED flash and 720p recording is present, along with a 1.9 mp front camera. It supports internet connectivity via Wi-Fi as well as a 3G SIM card that also allows voice calls. The tablet is just 0.35" (8.9 mm) thick and weighs 580 grammes. Detailed specifications are as below:
- 10.1" WXGA TFT LCD capacitive touchscreen, with pixel dimensions of 1280x800 and 16M colours.
- Exynos 4412 SOC (System On Chip) with 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9 quad-core CPU, Mali-400MP GPU, and 2 GB RAM.
- Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich).
- Quad-band GSM (850 \ 900 \ 1800 \ 1900 MHz), quad-band 3G (850 \ 900 \ 1900 \ 2100 MHz).
- 5 mp main camera with LED flash and 1.9 mp front camera; Shot Mode: Single \ Smile \ Panorama \ Cartoon \ Timer shot; Photo Effects: Negative \ Black and white \ Sepia; White Balance: Auto \ Daylight \ Cloudy \ Incandescent \ Fluorescent; Features: Auto Focus, Face Detection, Smile Detection, Blink Detection.
- 16 \ 32 \ 64 GB internal storage (only 16 GB in India), 32 GB microSD card slot.
- HD (720p) recording at 30 fps.
- Supported video formats: 3GPP, H.263, H.264, MPEG4, WMV; Supported audio formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, AMR-NB, H.263, MPEG4.
- Bluetooth 4.0 LE, USB 2.0 High-Speed, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n with Channel Bonding, Assisted GPS, HDMI-Out, 3.5 mm jack.
- S Pen for sketching and handwriting input.
- 10.3" (w) x 7.1" (h) x 0.35" (8.9 mm) (d), 583 grammes.
- 7000 mAh battery.
While Samsung claims that the battery provides 33 hours of talk time, this seems rather unlikely considering its screen size. The slate also supports a split-screen mode that lets you use two apps simultaneously, while the bundled stylus allows you to sketch using the preloaded Adobe Photoshop Touch. The 16 GB Wi-Fi + 3G version of the GALAXY Note 800 is available at the manufacturer's official online store for Rs 38,500. Samsung will also give away a free book-type cover worth Rs 3300 for those who have pre-booked the and made the balance payment by Monday. Customers who do not pay within 15 days of the launch will lose their advance deposits. Check out the gallery below for some ultra high-res product images.
- NETGEAR Orbi RBK50 Mesh System to Augment Your Home Wi-Fi Network for Improved Work Efficiency
- Motorola announces its new flagship in India with the Fastest, Loudest, Boldest; motorola edge+
- Surface Pro X, Surface Pro 7 and Surface Laptop 3 are now available in India
- Genelec Announces 1235A: Classic Heritage, Cutting Edge Performance
- Unbox Robotics, an early stage startup from the maiden cohort of Entrepreneur First, receives initial round of funding
- boAt audio ranked No.1 in India in the earwear category
- Kodak HD LED TV launches India’s most affordable Dolby vision Android certified 4K TVs
- Global debut of Redmi Note 9 Pro Max and Redmi Note 9 Pro in India
- POCO announces ‘Head for Red’ sale for Phoenix Red POCO X2
- Xiaomi India launches new Mi Dual Driver In-Ear Earphones